I pray today finds you well with the intent of being a good soldier, running on the pure grace and strength of the Lord Jesus Christ. Please register for service this week as it helps Bridgette, Dallas and I prepare for the service. Thank you to the ones who call once they have registered and are not going to be there, it helps with sanctuary seating. I have prayed for you this morning. We all are faced with a decision today of what kind of soldier we will be. Some days bring bigger decisions. Sometimes in our life bring life changing decisions, that will change everything we do, where we do it, how we do it. Some days bring small decisions that seem almost routine. In all days be a good soldier, endure hard times, give every day to the Lord Jesus with a total commitment to, “yes Lord.” But if you say, “yes Lord,” then live yes Lord. One thing I have learned in walking with Jesus is you can’t do it looking backwards. So many times, God is moving us into something and we move looking backwards, if you keep doing that you will run straight into a tree, all while looking backwards. Peace is in being a good soldier for Jesus Christ. Joy is found in being a good solider for Jesus Christ. So, begin today eyes straight ahead, focused on the Lord Jesus Christ, and all He has for you today, right where you are. That is really all you can do. When you study the Bible, you find that the clarity of God cannot be understood by the lens of man. One must have spiritual eyes given by the Lord Jesus through the empowering of the Holy Spirit. Those eyes see clearly. If your spiritual eyes are clearly focused and you know what to do then get busy doing it, otherwise we all suffer.
1. Write Isaiah 45:23 from memory.
2. Read 2 Timothy 2.
3. Write down your takeaways from Sunday’s message. Please write it down and email it to me at email@example.com.
4. List characteristics of a good soldier.
5. Do you consider yourself a good soldier for Jesus Christ? Why? Why not?
6. 2 Timothy 2:6 speaks of the farmer and his hard work and being the first to take part in the harvest, what is the spiritual application of this verse in context of what we are reading?
7. After the soldier Paul turns his attention to the athlete. How must the athlete compete? Who determines the rules? How do you know the rules? The answer is found in verse 7. It is more than a short answer you can write volumes from this verse 2 Timothy 2:7.
Loving Jesus With All I Got