September 8, 2020
1. Write John 17:17 three times.
2. Read Ephesians 6.
3. Write down your takeaways from Sunday’s message. Please write it down and email it to me at email@example.com.
4. List all of the armor of God.
5. We are instructed to put on the full armor of God. What does that tell you about life on this earth? Is it a picnic or a battle? We definitely would approach each differently.
6. Most people and yes even wikipedia get the connection of the armor of God and Paul’s experience twisted. They assume that Paul is guided by the Roman Soldier’s attire as he describes the armor of God. In fact, most of the illustrations shown in our children’s church lessons and t-shirts and posters and so forth show this example. I would challenge you to look deeper than that. Actually Pauls inspiration for the armor of God is tied to the old testament writings regarding God’s attire as He rescues His people.
Read Isaiah 59:17.
Now read Isaiah 59. What is it about?
7. Why is it so important that you put on the full armor of God?