Tuesday October 20, 2020
1. Write Isaiah 45:23 from memory.
2. Read 2 Timothy 2.
3. Write down your action steps to your takeaways from Sunday’s sermon. What actions do you have to put in place because of what you heard from the Lord?
2 Timothy 2
You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 3 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. 5 And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. 6 The hardworking farmer must be first to partake of the crops. 7 Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things.
8 Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel, 9 for which I suffer trouble as an evildoer, even to the point of chains; but the word of God is not chained. 10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
4. Read 2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
5. Define endure. Define hardship.
6. This passage speak of a good soldier. Describe and discuss what a good soldier for Jesus Christ looks like.
7. Read 2 Timothy 2, make a list of points to discuss, (underline highlight or circle the points to discuss: Complete verses 11-20 today.
Leave a Reply.