He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?
Three things we must take from this scripture:
1. We are to act justly. To act justly we must deal fairly and honestly with others, confront evil both in ourselves and our society, and to intervene on behalf of the weak, vulnerable, mistreated, and oppressed.
Tomorrow we will cover loving mercy and Wednesday walking humbly. Today I want you to answer a few questions:
1. How has Jesus shown you what is good?
2. What does the phrase "require of you" mean to you?
3. What do you believe "acting justly" looks like?
4. “Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it politic? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular-but one must take it simply because it is right.” Have you had to take a stance in your life simply because it was right? Explain.
Loving Jesus With All I Got