Monday October 5, 2020
1. Write Isaiah 45:23 three times.
2. Read Matthew 9.
3. Write down your takeaways from Sunday’s message. Please write it down and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Matthew records his own conversion in Matthew 9:9-13. You don’t have to spend all day on this but start in Matthew 1 and just quickly overview chapters 1-9 and verse 1-12, what are some of the things recorded by Matthew before his conversion. Make a bullet list, don’t go crazy there are 100s of things you can write down just write down a few things, the main thing for you to get out of this exercise is that a great deal precedes Matthews’s calling.
5. Now read Matthew 9:9-13. What was Matthew doing when Jesus called him?
6. What was Peter and several of the other disciples doing when Jesus called them?
7. Explain and discuss this statement:
It is not surprising that when Jesus calls He finds us very busy doing what we consider to have been called to do, however, when satan calls it is typically when we are idle and doing very little.
May love abound in your will all day and may the love of Christ guard your will and empower your understanding!
Praise Jesus from whom all blessings flow,